Different capability levels of the ANYmal platform can be provided – be it a minimally equipped platform, capable to walk or run in remote control mode, or a typical autonomous platform that can be equipped for specific applications. Hardware and software interfaces are provided for a number of sensors, actuators or other accessories.
Typical skill features of a standard ANYmal platform include:
- Outdoor operation: a ruggedized design allows for operation under harsh conditions (IP67)
- Single operator: with a weight of 30 kg, the machine can be safely handled by a single operator
- Extreme mobility: all joints can be rotated 360°
- Fast locomotion: compliant actuation allows for dynamic gaits up to 1.0 m/s
- Long endurance: onboard batteries ensure about 2-4 h operation
- High autonomy: laser sensors and cameras provide localization and mapping
These skills are being demonstrated during the ARGOS challenge organized by Total.